This Page

has been moved to new address

Inside Hudy's Head - What a week Ahead

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Diary of a Mad Sportswriter: Inside Hudy's Head - What a week Ahead

Diary of a Mad Sportswriter

Stan Hudy is a sportswriter for The Saratogian and Community News. He covers high school and youth sports in the Saratoga County area as well as writing a weekly book review on sports books. He's not just a "stick and ball" sportswriter, he's willing to take on any sport as well as any subject.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Inside Hudy's Head - What a week Ahead

My wife, Reda, often gets caught up in conversations I have with myself when we are traveling, eating dinner of me just muttering to myself. I have tried to explain to her that my brain is like a T1 line, a lot of information flowing, I'm multi-tasking and don't have the speed to converse about all the available options that I am processing to include her into the conversation.

This week though, I may have even outdone myself as my brain and my heart have way too much to accomplish before Father Time, a tight newspaper deadline along with my managing editor looming over me to get this all done.

Here's a quick look inside Hudy's Head for this week...and I do apologize for all the clutter before entering.

We're taking a look at the Southern Saratoga YMCA Barracuda youth swimming program, a program that has been around since 1996 and the program opened up it's 2010-2011 season this weekend.

We'll honor two athletes, male and female for their efforts with our Athlete of the Week segment, a Shen girls volleyball player and plans for Otis Ubriaco at Burnt Hills, one of the top male runners in the country. (Stan Edit - Otis wasn't available, still on a college visit trip. Have to catch him Tuesday before his meet, then to the pool).

Add some finishing touches on the Barracuda story Monday afternoon, with a swing up to Burnt Hills where the Spartans tennis program is in the Class B finals at home.(Nope).
Tuesday things heat up in the pool at Niskayuna travels to Shenendehowa for a big meet, can the Silver Warriors upend the Plainsmen in their own pool. If we had the rights, "Smoke on the Water" is a fitting soundtrack for the video from that. (It's layout day/night for me, so hopefully I can get there for the contest)

Looking to add a coaches feature from Sunday's Saratoga National Cross Country Classic 5k with BH-BL's Coach Button and Shen's Rob Cloutier.

Oh ya, football, almost forgot, all three Southern Saratoga teams are in playoff action, Shen on the road at Shaker after a disappointing loss to rival Saratoga, Burnt Hills gets a re-match against Glens Falls and Mechanicville upended the apple cart, with a win in the slop Friday and vaulted into the playoffs as a No. 3 seed. All deserve previews, schedules, etc.

The Section II tennis championships are underway and Jessica Macaluso is a top seed, we want to keep track of her success along with a doubles team from Burnt Hills (forgive me about the names, comes with the clutter).

It's a musical theme day "Love that Muddy Water", we've got 10 teams rowing at the Head of the Charles Regatta this weekend, plus a few college rowers, looking to preview that event and touch base with everyone near and far.

Add in the great news and help from Eddie Johnson at the Southern Saratoga YMCA and the Adult Basketball League, we are getting scores, standings and leaders from him starting this week. Thanks Eddie.

Lauren Carpenter is a goddess and a godsend, stopping by the Nick's Fight to be Healed Soccer Clinic last Friday and getting me photos of the Barracudas for this week.

Did I tell you I need to have this on the press by 5 p.m. Wednesday??

And it's only Monday afternoon...oh crap.. I have to get down to the schools now! Welcome to Hudy's Head enjoy the mess.

P.S. Did I add that there is a demand for the Hudy Head book reveiws to return, I'm thinking of a monthly book review. Cutting it down from 52 books to 12 might be a possibility...maybe between 2 and 3 a.m.??

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home