This Page

has been moved to new address

In the B'Spa Bunker for March Madness

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Diary of a Mad Sportswriter: In the B'Spa Bunker for March Madness

Diary of a Mad Sportswriter

Stan Hudy is a sportswriter for The Saratogian and Community News. He covers high school and youth sports in the Saratoga County area as well as writing a weekly book review on sports books. He's not just a "stick and ball" sportswriter, he's willing to take on any sport as well as any subject.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

In the B'Spa Bunker for March Madness

Dear Diary,

It's been a crazy, wild ride as the winter sports season has reached several climaxes and the hours have mounted up on me allowing  focing me to take four days off here at the end of the week. All work and all work and well, all work makes Stanley tired and cranky.

So a few days sequestered here in Ballston Spa isn't so bad, Jeff Scott will be on site for the Shenendehowa girls run to possibly another state title and I'm getting prepared for our Saratogian Sports Outreach meeting 7 p.m. Monday, March 22 at the Gideon Putnam. I hope to see a lot of familiar faces there to meet the rest of the staff and interact with my bosses as well as to touch base with some not-so-familiar faces to become a part of the daily and weekly life in the Saratogian sports department.

No bracket news, I didn't have time (or the money) to circle any teams, but I did have high hopes for Siena.

The Clifton Park Dynamo are in the 18U state tournament this weekend and I'll sneak by Sunday morning to see if they earn the right to defend their state title in the afternoon. I've got just enough time left for the week to get that in.

Plans are underway for our winter Dream Teams, Sam and Nicole will punch out the boys and girls basketball squads while I just decided by myself to put together the ice hockey selections for next weekend. I wish we would do all-stars for each and every sport, but it just seems to come down to bodies within the department. It isn't a lack of want, just creating the time to put these together with the winter season sometimes in full swing.

Well, the weather has broken and Shen boys lacrosse has several scrimmages set for this Sunday and the Plainsmen open on Thursday, 4 p.m for the girls and 5:30 for the boys. So does Saratoga Springs so this week will be full of lacrosse previews.

I've got 6 Shen students who signed ceremonial Letters of Intent with video coming up, I'm moving them to the April 2 edition so they will all be on the cover of the Community News. The Shen girls deserve the cover this week, winning Friday and in the state title game on Saturday. I don't want to split the athletes between the cover and the inside, all deserve to be on the front.

Well, more cleaning to do in the bunker, put winter notebooks away and get ready for Spring. I've got the waterproof paper set, my rain gear ready (more for crew than anything else) and one more day of rest before I get back into it for another long run.

Have a great weekend.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home