This Page

has been moved to new address

That's 'Coach' Katie Allenson to you

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Diary of a Mad Sportswriter: That's 'Coach' Katie Allenson to you

Diary of a Mad Sportswriter

Stan Hudy is a sportswriter for The Saratogian and Community News. He covers high school and youth sports in the Saratoga County area as well as writing a weekly book review on sports books. He's not just a "stick and ball" sportswriter, he's willing to take on any sport as well as any subject.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

That's 'Coach' Katie Allenson to you

Former Shenendehowa standout swimmer and captain Katie Allenson swam four years for Keene State College and has recently been named as an assistant swim coach for the Owls.

Allenson was a top competitor for KSC in the 200 and 500-yard freestyle and relay events. She was a six-time All-New England swimmer and a member of five Little East champion relay teams. Allenson was a member of a talented Keene State team that won three LEC titles and captured two NEISDA championships.

Jack Fabian, the head coach of the Keene State program, feels Allenson, who served as a senior captain, has the qualities to become a successful coach. “Katie has a very good deck presence and has gained the respect of both men’s and women’s teams,” said Fabian. “She’s going to be a tremendous addition to our coach staff.”

“I’m really excited that Coach Fabian has taken me on as his apprentice,” said Allenson. “I believe in Jack and I believe in the program.”

As far as her concerns of moving from the pool to the deck, Allenson says it won’t be a problem. “I’m there to help and encourage the athletes,” she said. “I’m trying not to push the limits of authority because I know I’m so young. They also know I’m there for there for the right reasons. I respect them and they respect me.”
In September, Allenson attended the American Swim Coaches World Clinic in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. “I wasn’t sure what to expect and was a little intimidated at first,” said Allenson. “But it really sparked my interest in pursuing a career in coaching.”
Allenson also played softball at Keene State, earning All-New England and All-LEC honors.
-- Courtesy Keene State College

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home