This Page

has been moved to new address

To Mrs., Dr. Reda Garrett-Hudy, Happy 20th anniversary!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Diary of a Mad Sportswriter: To Mrs., Dr. Reda Garrett-Hudy, Happy 20th anniversary!

Diary of a Mad Sportswriter

Stan Hudy is a sportswriter for The Saratogian and Community News. He covers high school and youth sports in the Saratoga County area as well as writing a weekly book review on sports books. He's not just a "stick and ball" sportswriter, he's willing to take on any sport as well as any subject.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

To Mrs., Dr. Reda Garrett-Hudy, Happy 20th anniversary!

"Twenty-years-ago today Sgt. Pepper's Band began to play......" or something like that.

It is true, behind every good man there is a better woman, the same one who has been at my side and behind every hair-brained idea for the past 20 years of marriage along with a couple before the nuptials back in Binghamton, New York, 20 years ago.

A few jobs, way too many cars, a lot of moves across the Northeast, several of her degrees and we're still together. I personally cannot believe it! I would have left me a long, long, time ago!

If the 25th anniversary is silver what is the 20th? For us, I think its a Facebook page for Reda, more tuition for another class in her current career and possibly a Wii Sport.

Back when we were young, foolish and thought we had a lot of money the plan was either Alaska or Italy. While we're not going to make the trip this year, I did rent Mystery Alaska and The Godfather for our couple of days together. If she doesn't leave me over this one, I know I have a keeper!

Of course, there is that 4 p.m. press conference at Albany-Saratoga Speedway she is begrudgingly letting me cover..then..she told me "No more work for the rest of the week."

Yes, dear.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home