This Page

has been moved to new address

If the day ends in 'Y' it must mean a Phillies rainout

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Diary of a Mad Sportswriter: If the day ends in 'Y' it must mean a Phillies rainout

Diary of a Mad Sportswriter

Stan Hudy is a sportswriter for The Saratogian and Community News. He covers high school and youth sports in the Saratoga County area as well as writing a weekly book review on sports books. He's not just a "stick and ball" sportswriter, he's willing to take on any sport as well as any subject.

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

If the day ends in 'Y' it must mean a Phillies rainout

There is one thing that I have learned to guarantee this summer, if it's 3 p.m. in Saratoga Springs it probably means that it is going to rain...er. do I mean pour.

I had hope this afternoon, with no rain all day I left job one and headed out for a quick Angus burger at McDonald's (at least it's a lean hamburger!) and there I sat in the dining room watching it rain like cats and dogs.

It was bad enough that the storm drain that I was staring at had a hard time keeping up with the downpour...at East Side Rec I knew that my new most unfavorite four letter word had just become R-A-I-N.

Another day, another downpour and another rainout for the Saratoga Phillies, that's two in a row with a road trip scheduled for Amsterdam on Thursday and a home start against Amsterdam before the Fourth of July day off.

No word on the latest rescheduled rain outs, but I'll update as they become available.

Till then, keep your umbrella's handy and be prepared for a slew of 7-inning twi-night doubleheaders at East Side Rec.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home