This Page

has been moved to new address

Stan Hudy, horse racing handicapping genius!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Diary of a Mad Sportswriter: Stan Hudy, horse racing handicapping genius!

Diary of a Mad Sportswriter

Stan Hudy is a sportswriter for The Saratogian and Community News. He covers high school and youth sports in the Saratoga County area as well as writing a weekly book review on sports books. He's not just a "stick and ball" sportswriter, he's willing to take on any sport as well as any subject.

Saturday, May 02, 2009

Stan Hudy, horse racing handicapping genius!

Well, I am more than willing to bask in the glory of being probably the only sportswriter in the world that picked Mine That Bird to win the Kentucky Derby.

Please don't mistake me, I mean the entire Earth and world wide web. Seriously.

Mine That Bird was, as of Friday, a 70-1 longshot, the longest in the field and in today's edition of The Pink Sheet, a racing publication as part of The Saratogian, there he is in print. Mine That Bird under my mug.

Now I would like to share with you all of my efforts in researching this historic longshot winner, the time I spent pouring over racing charts, looking at breeding lines and such...but isn't that what tip sheets and services are all about?

With Calvin Borel aboard I was secure in my selection and I will give you one last glimpse into how I came out the big winner...a little birdie told me about it.

Hudy
8-)

P.S. I'll come clean on my pick selection, but not today. I just want to bask in the glory of my incredible selection in the greatest city in the North to celebrate horse racing.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually was trying to find out who you are. I figured you had to be with The Saratogian so I gave it a shot and there you were. I hope you know you are at the least "area-famous". I think EVERYBODY wants to know how in the world you came up with the winner. Also, did you put some "good faith" money on Mine That Bird? I surely hope so...it could make for a great big addition to any retirement fund you have. I hope they'll be putting you on as a regular on the Pink Sheet as all of us need your insight. Please get the Saratogian to do some kind of story on how you did it. Where-da-go!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home