This Page

has been moved to new address

Shen's Santamarina picks St. Rose soccer

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Diary of a Mad Sportswriter: Shen's Santamarina picks St. Rose soccer

Diary of a Mad Sportswriter

Stan Hudy is a sportswriter for The Saratogian and Community News. He covers high school and youth sports in the Saratoga County area as well as writing a weekly book review on sports books. He's not just a "stick and ball" sportswriter, he's willing to take on any sport as well as any subject.

Monday, March 23, 2009

Shen's Santamarina picks St. Rose soccer

Shenendehowa senior soccer utility player Jim Santamarina cut down defenders and now has cut down his short list to include the College of Saint Rose as his college of choice for the next four years.

The Plainsmen and Clifton Park Premier soccer player chose St. Rose over Lemoyne, looking for a strong business school that offered him the opportunity to play right away.

"I've got it stuck in my head what the coach said," Santamarina said. "I have to come into pre-season in shape and I should start to play in the midfield or on defense."

Like many of his classmates, Santamarina thought about playing at the Division I level.

"It was more important to me to play than go Division I," Santamarina said. "I wanted to be able to play, but not always have to worry about playing time, making the team and messing with my academics."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home