This Page

has been moved to new address

Erin Little New York Gatorade Volleyball Player of the Year

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Diary of a Mad Sportswriter: Erin Little New York Gatorade Volleyball Player of the Year

Diary of a Mad Sportswriter

Stan Hudy is a sportswriter for The Saratogian and Community News. He covers high school and youth sports in the Saratoga County area as well as writing a weekly book review on sports books. He's not just a "stick and ball" sportswriter, he's willing to take on any sport as well as any subject.

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Erin Little New York Gatorade Volleyball Player of the Year

Erin Little, center stands flanked by her parents and holds up her Gatorade award with Burnt Hills coach Gary Bynon, principal Maryellen Smymer, Superintendent Jim Schultz and 2006-2007 honoree, Sarah Morton.

For the second year in a row, a Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake senior volleyball star has earned New York State Gatorade Volleyball Player of the Year honors.

Spartan senior center, Erin Little, capped her senior season with a trip to the New York State Class A Final Four and followed Burnt Hills graduate Sarah Morton as the second player honored by Gatorade.

Little followed in her former Spartan teammates footsteps, guarding the front of the Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake volleyball net and will reunite with Morton next year, accepting a scholarship offer to Division I Syracuse University.

"I didn't even know I was considered until Coach Bynon called me and asked me about my community service," Little said after her Jan. 4 basketball game against Niskayuna. "I was surprised because I didn't think I would get it, but I'm excited."

Part of the senior stuffer's excitement was the company she will now keep above the court at Burnt Hills.

"First came Sarah Morton and you could always tell she was a person on the team I could turn to," Little said. "She made me the player I was. I can't wait to play with her again next year."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home