This Page

has been moved to new address

What a great soccer weekend!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Diary of a Mad Sportswriter: What a great soccer weekend!

Diary of a Mad Sportswriter

Stan Hudy is a sportswriter for The Saratogian and Community News. He covers high school and youth sports in the Saratoga County area as well as writing a weekly book review on sports books. He's not just a "stick and ball" sportswriter, he's willing to take on any sport as well as any subject.

Sunday, July 08, 2007

What a great soccer weekend!


Whew! I feel like I may have played in all the games that took place this weekend at the Rose & Kiernan/Clifton Park International Soccer Classic.

I just finished up the local roundup story and will be working hard on Monday to upload photos of the first-place finishers along with notes from a quick conversation with their coaches.

I'll also be putting up some of the stories that ran in The Saratogian as well as what will be running June 13 (Friday) in our weekly newspaper, Community News.
I can't give enough thanks to the entire soccer tournament committee and their volunteers who helped make my life easier this weekend. From scores, scores and more scored from the lovely Karen Thorne and Toby, to Liz making sure I was fed and hydrated, to tournament director Helmut Gerstenberger who always asked if I had everything I needed, to Erica Gerstenberger who made sure I was there for a photo of a team if I was busy talking off to the side, unaware.

What makes it special each and every year are the players, their coaches and the parents in attendence. Without that precious trio, I wouldn't be doing this.
So kind folks, there is more to come, but right now my bride calls home, well after deadline.

Dr. Reda, I'm leaving now and thanks again for typing in all those scores for me all weekend too honey, ;-)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 8:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great coverage by the Saratogian Newspaper including the benefits to the local economy, the articles about the teams and the great photos. We love playing in this tournament and attending as spectators. K.Williams, Mechanicville, NY

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home